From September 22 to October 22, The JohnnyCakes and I are being vegetarians. After that, I’m going to try to go macrobiotic, just for funsies.
So, to keep with the vegetarian theme, last night I made a vegetarian pizza. And it was crazy good. And because I’m such a nice person, I am giving you the recipe….
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded or julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pizza crust of your choice
- pizza sauce of your choice (When I can find it, I like to use sundried tomato pesto.)
- Pizza seasoning and/or dried oregano and basil
- 2 cups shredded mozzerella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425, or follow directions for your pizza crust.
- Saute garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add pizza seasoning.
- Add zucchini, carrots, and summer squash and saute until slightly tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender
- Add broccoli, turn off the heat, cover the pan and let sit for 3 or 4 minutes. This is so that the broccoli doesn’t overcook. You will thank me later.
7. Shmear pizza sauce on the pizza crust
8 . Top with cheese
9. Top with veggies. If you have extra, save it to put on top of rice, quinoa, polenta, or pasta later on.
10. Place tomato chunks on top of the pizza. Ooooh…Pretty!
11. Throw that puppy in the oven and find something to do for 15 minutes…
12. After 15 minutes, you will hopefully get THIS: